Monday 15 September 2014

Getting back into the swing of things

With a couple of weeks going out and buying and trying to sell stuff, I hadn't got much (any) painting or modelling done. As a result, I was having trouble getting back into the painting and so on, so I thought the best thing to do would be to get a couple of easy 'quick wins' in to get back into the swing of things.


First up, I managed to finish off the younger of the two Squat mercenaries. I'd thrown a little base coat onto him, but that was as far as he'd gone.


Like his older colleague, he's painted up in colours to call back to the old Rogue Trader Squat Leagues. Some people have felt that his Storm Bolter is a little disproportionate, but I'll live with his gun being ridiculously over-sized. If I'd had a little more modelling time and effort, I'd have modelled a suspensor field on as a flimsy justification for the massive firearm - but he'll be fine.


With the Squat done, I wanted to get a couple of quick wins lined up for when I was next in the mood, so I had a dig through what I had around. First up was this Chaos Renegade, who is a kit bash of Forge World renegade and Elysian parts. He was part of one of the purchases I got at the Overlords Bring and Buy.


He had a little gap at the back where the larger torso didn't quite fit, so I got his waist filled in with some green stuff. I have some interesting ideas for painting him, so we'll see how he goes.


I also got a goblin painted cleaned and glued to his base. This is one of the GoblinAid goblins - a pirate goblin by Stuart Powley. I've also filled in the base with filler now, and will also texture the base before I get him undercoated.

All in all, I'm feeling like I got some nice quick wins in and I'm motivated again to get things done with my painting. I'm starting to get a system in place for getting things done. I like systems. They make me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Inspired use of bits for the renegade, I hope there are more to come!

    ReplyDelete